This pandemic may be the best time to work on our fitness and nutrition. Spending the day at home can also be a way to boost your immunity and health. Start doing these beginner exercises this quarantine season to make the most of your time. Do 3 sets of 10 reps of all exercises to see fast results.
1) KNEE PUSH-UP: This routine is same as a pushup but for beginners. This works on your triceps, chest and also your shoulders. Great way to keep your upper body in shape and strong.
2) ELEVATED PUSH-UP: This pushup variation works on the lower muscles of your chest same as a decline bench press. Include this in your workout to feel better development of chest and tricep muscles.
3) REGULAR PUSH-UP: These are the original bodyweight pushups that work your chest, triceps and shoulders while also engaging your core the entire time.
4) ASSISTED BODYWEIGHT SQUAT (if you can’t do regular bodyweight squats):
5) PROPER BODYWEIGHT SQUAT: Squats are a great exercise to work your legs. Try to replicate the position of how you would sit in a chair. The less your knees come forward, the better it is.
6) SUPPORTED LUNGES:
7) REGULAR LUNGES: Lunges are an amazing exercise because it engages multiple muscles in your leg. Do these to improve balance, agility and strength. They also help in boosting testosterone level which results in better body shape, good hair and also better sexual wellness.
8) ONE ARM ROW (Use a milk jug, suitcase, or actual dumbbell): Dumbell rows are a great way to train your back muscles. They work very good on the lats muscles and also upper back muscles.
9) PLANK: Time slows down when you do planks. Try it! This exercise strengthens your entire core and helps attaining better posture. Do 3 sets of 30 seconds each gradually increasing it to your capacity.
10) SIDE: Strengthen your core and lower back while burning fat at the same. Do 3 sets of 30 seconds each gradually increasing your capacity.
11) WALKING JACKS (if you can’t do jumping jacks)
12) JUMPING JACKS: Best overall exercise that engages muscles all over your body. Legs, back, core, shoulders are all working in harmony during this workout. Results in more flexibility, activeness, and a great warm up for weight training.
Along with this bodyweight routine, you need to make sure you’re eating properly!
- Eat natural, whole foods whenever possible.
- Leave the soda, candy, and junk food out of your system.
- Cut back on sugar and liquid calories wherever you can. The stuff is in everything!
- Swap out the grains on your plate for vegetables when you can.
- Make sure you get enough protein each day (meat, chicken, fish) – this helps with rebuilding muscles and things like that.