1. Early Morning (6:00- 7:00 AM):
- 1 crushed garlic clove + lukewarm water
- Amla shot (undiluted juice of freshly grated amla)
2. Breakfast (8:30 - 9:00 AM):
- 1 Besan + ragi cheela (50% besan 50% ragi) with mint coriander chutney
- 5-6 soaked almonds
- 1 cup tea (unsweetened)- optional
- Egg white or vegetable sandwich (2 multigrain bread slices), if bread isn't available, make a whole-wheat tortilla and stuff vegetables or egg whites + 5-6 soaked almonds + 1 cup unsweetened tea (optional)
3. Mid Meal (11 - 11:30 AM)
- Fruits (oranges, papaya, apple, berries)
4. Lunch (1:30 - 2:00 PM)
- 1-2 chapatti + soya bhurji (add vegetables) + cucumber mint chaas (low salt)
- Quarter plate brown rice veg pulao with dal (your choice)
5. 30 Mins after lunch (2:30 PM)
- 1 cup lukewarm lemon water (no sugar/ salt)
6. Mid Meal (4:00- 5:00 PM)
- 1 cup (250ml) ginger+ cinnamon+ turmeric +clove concoction (boil in double amount of water and reduce to half) - you can add 1 teaspoon jaggery powder for sweetness with handful of roasted makhana/ roasted chana
- If you work out in the evening Post workout 1 glass fruit smoothie (strawberry + yogurt + pumpkin seeds)
- 1 glass of vegetable juice (beet+ spinach + carrot + amla)+ sprinkle 1 teaspoon roasted flaxseeds
7. Dinner (7:30 - 8:00 PM)
- Quarter plate of sautéed vegetables (broccoli, onion, tomato, beans, bell peppers ) + 1 chapati
- 1 whole wheat paneer wrap (wheat chapatti stuffed with grated paneer)
8. Post Dinner (9:30- 10:00 PM)
- 1 cup (250 ml) lukewarm milk with turmeric + pepper (pinch of turmeric and half pinch black pepper powder).
Points to Remember:
1. Have small but frequent meals. This will ensure your blood glucose and metabolism stays stable and gives your body enough energy from time to time to support immunity.
2. Make sure to take the concoction not more than twice a day. You can prepare in advance for the entire day and consume it twice.
3. When craving for something sweet, go for options like figs, dates or jaggery in moderation. Jaggery powder can be added to your concoctions to enhance palatability.
4. Make sure you stay active and perform home workouts for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. Hydration is equally essential.
5. Stick to a routine and a particular time table. This will keep your body's natural biological clock in check.